Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 11

Cross-post on Kidult.com: http://www.kidult.com/blogs/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-senior/day-11

Here we go with another day of school. The night before luckily I didn't have much homework, just had to study for a couple of exams. But I got the chance to watch the VMA's!!! I was so pumped and so excited because I haven't been able to watch a full VMA's from start to finish since middle school. Last year I got lucky though, because I watched the two most important part of the show; when Taylor got interrupted and when Beyonce gave Taylor her chance at redemption. In case you forgot what happened, here's a glimpse:


So, I was expecting something lively, something fly, something headline-making, but in the end NOTHING!! How could you do this to me MTV!! The night that I finally have time to watch is when you force me to boredom! Now I'm not going to lie, there were some highlights including Chelsea Handler's (the host) monologue which was actually funny. I never laughed at any of Russell Brand's jokes because they were more like personal attacks rather than jokes. Justin Bieber also did a pretty good job with his performance, I know alot of my friends HATE him; but I think he is aiight. His dance moves seemed cool and his music actually makes sense when you think about it. Here it is if you missed it:


But the lady of night was without a doubt, LADY GAGA, who won what seemed like EVERY AWARD!! But in general, I'm disappointed in how boring this year's show was, I mean I would have loved to see something fake that made headlines the next day like the Eminem/Bruno incident from the MTV Movie Awards in 2008; I mean that was scripted but it was still entertaining, but hey good behavior is better than bad behavior right??

My personal highlight was Kanye's performance. I don't really like Kanye's music anymore because he doesn't connect with me any longer, but his performance last night was banging, I actually like this new song and I'm sure Taylor does too, lol:


Anyways, so I wake up the next morning and go to school and nothing really eventful happens besides the two quizzes I took today. My bus was extremely late today and I missed the first couple minutes of class but that's about it. I was really tired so I decided to cancel my SAT prep class to work on some more concepts, especially special triangles which I do not understand!! Luckily, I have no school tomorrow so I can chill back and relax and get some sleep. Tomorrow is going to be a pure study day for me (at least I HOPE, unless Facebook has something to say about that, LMAO!). I got a call from Concordia University in New York, they are showing some interest in me so that is pretty cool. Advice to underclassmen: If a college calls YOU asking you if you want their info, then just say YES even if your not interested, it's not gonna hurt and it shows that someone actually wants you! I ended up asking where it's at, because I had never heard of it LMAO! SMH! But I'm glad someone wants me!
I'm so mad with my Baltimore Ravens who are LOSING 6-0 and are being careless with the ball, come on guys really!!!
Anyway, so long, good night, got 2 go. Thank you for walking in my shoes on day ELEVEN of my high school career!

No comments:

Post a Comment