Monday, September 13, 2010

Day 8/9

Cross-post on Kidult.com: http://www.kidult.com/blogs/a-day-in-the-life-of-a-senior/day-8-and-9

Today (or should I say yesterday..) was just another ordinary day. We voted for senior superlatives today, it's crazy how everyone was vote hustlin' me and so emotional about getting voted in for something. I mean I guess it's great to be voted something but don't start talking to me all of a sudden just so you can have my vote, LOL. But I'm not gonna lie, I was part of the madness too, asking people on Facebook to vote for certain people (including myself), but once I thought about it, I realized that it's better for your classmates to think of you as a certain persona than for you to impose yourself upon them, forcing them to vote for you, because even if you win something, your not going to be remembered for that characteristic or trait, you're going to be remembered as that person who told me to vote for them. I would love to win something personally, but if I don't it's all good. Superlatives don't determine the legacy you live or the things you do in life, so advice to underclassmen: Whether you win or lose in senior superlatives JUST LIVE YOUR LIFE!!



So, I never got the chance to talk to my guidance counselor about dropping AP Spanish, but I did talk to my actual teacher. My morale went up a little just by talking to him, I realized that I actually enjoy Spanish, I just got caught up in the moment when I saw that I wasn't doing to well with my quiz results etc. More advice to underclassmen: Get to know your teachers, they are your BEST friends, some of them may get on your nerves at times but think about how many times you've been a "d-bag" towards them in class. You are going to be with them for the rest of the school year and they are going to be the same people who write your college recommendations and give you advice since they know you best, so stop bitching (OK, maybe once in a while is fine and btw, excuse my language) about them and try to get along with them!!



Seems like this year is going to be a great year with hard work and dedication, I am writing my day 8 journal on day 9 (an off day) because I took a long nap on day 8 (yesterday) and couldn't find time to write yesterday plus day 9 (today) we're off from school because of some Jewish holiday. Actually, if you count Labor Day then technically yesterday was day 9 and today is day 10, but before I confuse myself, I guess we'll just stick to the way it is right now. Doing my final touches on a summer project that is due tomorrow which is the same day our school plays their first home football game of the season. Talk to you guys later, got 2 go. God bless, be breezy, PEACE I'm Out........Thank you for walking a day in my shoes on day EIGHT and NINE of my senior year in high school.

No comments:

Post a Comment